Sunday, November 30, 2008
106 Christmas Trivia Questions (and answers)
(Answers follow the questions)
1. In Frosty the Snowman, who brought Frosty back to life?
2. Who lost $8,000 in It's a Wonderful Life!
3. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, what biological shortcoming made the Grinch so mean?
4. Who tells you she's in town by tap, tap, tappin' at your windowpane?
5. What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all time?
6. What was Scrooge's first name?
7. Where was I when I saw Mommy kissing Santa Glaus?
8. What was the name of Rudolph's dogsled driving friend?
9. Who said "God Bless Us, Every One!"?
10. What carol contains the line "O tidings of comfort and joy"?
11. In The Night Before Christmas I sprang from my bed to see what?
12. Name the three reindeer whose names begin with a "D"?
13. In the song "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer" what did Grandma go to get?
14. What was the first gift my true love sent on the sixth day of Christmas?
15. In what city did Miracle on 34th Street take place?
16. In It's a Wonderful Life, how did Clarence cleverly save George's life?
17. Who kept time with the Little Drummer Boy?
18. In The Night Before Christmas, where were the stockings hung?
19. What is the name of the little girl in most versions of The Nutcracker?
20. What is the last ghost called in A Christmas Carol?
21. What color is the Grinch?
22. How many pipers piping did my true love give to me?
23. In the movie The Santa Clause, who starred as the substitute Santa Claus?
24. What was Rudolph's punishment for his red nose?
25. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, who plays the dusty innkeeper in the Christmas play?
26. What did the traffic cop holler to Frosty?
27. What holiday drink contains sugar, milk, and eggs?
28. What popular bite-sized chocolate candy comes wrapped in red and green foil at Christmas?
29. What Saturday Evening Post artist was known for his whimsical pictures of Santa Claus?
30. What one reindeer is never mentioned in "The Night Before Christmas"?
31. St. Nick's beard is like what feature of winter?
32. Name the two reindeer whose name begins with a "C"?
33. In It's a Wonderful Life, what did Clarence receive for accomplishing his mission: wings or a halo?
34. What carol contains the word "Fa-la-la-Ia-Ia-Ia-la-la-la"?
35. In the "Nutcracker" section of Fantasia, what fungi dance the Chinese dance?
36. What did the Grinch use as a substitute for reindeer?
37. Who were nestled snug in their beds?
38. What 1990 movie told of a boy's experience when two men break into his house during Christmas?
39. What fruit is St. Nick's nose like?
40. What glittery bits of metal are hung on a Christmas tree?
41. In "lt's a Wonderful Life," what kind of spirit is Clarence?
42. What were Frosty's last words?
43. What piece of heavenly apparel does the Littlest Angel not wear correctly?
44. What is Charlie Brown's complaint about Christmas?
45. What instrument does Amahl play as he leads the procession in Amahl and the Night Visitors?
46. On what street did a Santa Claus miracle occur?
47. Counting Rudolph, how many reindeer are there?
48. What happened to the drummer boy's lamb when he played his song for the Baby Jesus?
49. What did Rudolph never get to join in?
50. What Emmy Award winning cartoon was based on a newspaper editorial?
51. What carol is known as the counting song?
52. Where did there arise such a clatter?
53. What type of canned pie filling is a big seller at Christmastime?
54. What three characters sing "The Chipmunk Song"?
55. What gift did Caspar bring?
56. In It's a Wonderful Life, what part of George's house is always broken?
57. Traditionally, does the oldest or youngest family member open the first present?
58. What carol demands figgy pudding?
59. What flower does Moore compare St. Nick's cheeks to?
60. Whose eyes were made of coal?
61. What song was originally titled "One Horse Open Sleigh"?
62. What holiday film annually appears on television more than 300 times?
63. In "It's A Wonderful Life," what two friends share their names with two Sesame Street characters?
64. What is Frosty's nose made of?
65. How does Scrooge improve Cratchit's life the day after Christmas?
66. What country started the tradition of exchanging gifts?
67. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, what winter recreation is the cast of characters doing in the opening scene?
68. What are tiny, inexpensive gifts usually called?
69. Name the reindeer whose name begins with a "B"?
70. What WWII First Lady wrote a Christmas story about a girl named Marta?
71. What non-smoking association sponsors Christmas seals?
72. Visions of what dance in children's heads?
73. How many times is the name of Santa Claus used in "The Night Before Christmas"?
74. What is the most popular tree topper?
75. What song contains the line "Although, it's been said, many times, many ways"?
76. What did the Little Drummer Boy give to the Christ Child?
77. What snack is often left out for Santa?
78. In It s a Wonderful Life, who starred as George Bailey?
79. What cola company was known for its ads featuring a big, smiling Santa?
80. What does Alvin want for Christmas?
81. Who wrote "The Night Before Christmas?
82. What does the nutcracker become after killing the Mouse King?
83. What men's grooming appliance became a sled for Santa in commercials of the sixties?
84. What do most elves wear on the tips of their shoes?
85. After red and green, what are the two most popular Christmas colors?
86. What song contains the line "Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me"?
87. What popular Christmas toy is based on a 1903 political caricature?
88. Who first recorded "Here Comes Santa Claus"?
89. What song does a caroler sing outside Scrooge's office?
90. What two words are normally preprinted on gift tags?
91. Where was Mommy when she was kissing Santa Claus?
92. What film told the plight of a poor mountain family during the days of the Depression?
93. On every street corner you hear what song?
94. What was Brenda Lee doing around the Christmas Tree?
95. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, how many cents does Lucy charge for her psychiatric services?
96. Elvis Presley recorded what sad song in the fifties?
97. In "Winter Wonderland" the lovestruck couple pretends a snowman is who?
98. What parade was first held January 1, 1886?
99. What song is full of threats and warnings about Santa Claus
100. Where did Santa land his sleigh in "The Night Before Christmas"?
101. Who yelled "Stop" to Frosty?
102. In It's A Wonderful Life, what did George dream of becoming?
103. What is the name of the first reindeer Santa calls in The Night Before Christmas?
104. What is the name of the most famous Christmas ballet?
105. What is the theme or essence of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"?
106. Who wrote A Christmas Carol?
1 Santa Glaus
2 Uncle Billy
3 His heart was two sizes too small
4 Suzy Snowflake
5 "White Christmas"
7 On the Stairs
8 Yukon Cornelius
9 Tiny Tim
10 "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
11 What was the matter
12 Dasher, Donder, Dancer
13 Her medication
14 Six geese a-laying
15 New York
16 He jumped into the river first
17 The ox and the lamb
18 By the chimney
20 The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
23 Tim Allen
24 Could not play in reindeer games
28 Hershey's Kisses
29 Norman Rockwell
32 Comet and Cupid
33 His Wings
34 "Deck the Halls"
36 His dog
37 The children
38 Home Alone
39 A cherry
41 An angel
42 "I'll be back again someday"
43 His halo
44 It is too commercialized
45 His reed pipe
48 He came back to life
49 Reindeer games
50 Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Glaus
51 "The Twelve Days of Christmas"
52 On the lawn
54 Alvin, Theodore, and Simon
56 The bannister
57 The youngest child
58 "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
59 A rose
61 "Jingle Bells"
62 It's a Wonderful Life
63 Bert and Ernie
64 A button
65 He gives him a raise
66 Italy (Romans)
67 Ice Skating
68 Stocking Stuffers
70 Elinor Roosevelt
71 American Lung Association
75 "The Christmas Song"
76 A song on his drum
78 Jimmy Stewart
80 A hula-hoop
81 Clement C. Moore
82 A handsome prince
83 Norelco Electric Shaver
85 Silver and gold
86 "A Holly Jolly Christmas"
87 The Teddy Bear
88 Gene Autry
89 "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen"
90 To, From
91 Underneath the mistletoe
92 The Homecoming
93 "Silver Bells"
95 5 cents
96 "Blue Christmas"
97 Parson Brown
98 Tournament of Roses
99 "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town"
100 Up on the rooftop
101 The traffic cop
102 An engineer/architect
105 Peace on earth, goodwill to men
106 Charles Dickens