Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I will not post tomorrow...

Tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012) there is a planned protest across the Internet over proposed legislation in the U.S. Congress (bills referred to as SOPA and PIPA) which would restrict the free sharing of information that it is common on many websites.  Wikipedia, Reddit and Boing Boing are just a few of the sites going dark for the day. Tumblr and Google have expressed disapproval of the legislation.

I know this is a very small blog, but if SOPA and/or PIPA become law, blogs like this one might well go dark for good.

As a result, I will not post anything tomorrow as a protest against the legislation.

Instead, I will take the time to write my Congressman and my Senator. If you enjoy reading these blogs, you might well do the same.

To read more, here’s a link to an article at ABC news…
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wikipedia-blackout-websites-wikipedia-reddit-dark-wednesday-protest/story?id=15373251#.TxWNTvma1HU

No comments: