How to win medals in Evony Age II...
(Update 2/21/2012 – Since I hadn't done this in a while, I created an alternate account and tried out the process for myself again. I've made some changes and made notes of those changes at the bottom of the post.)
Medals are an important part of the game – especially early on - as building prestige and gaining rank are dependent on your ability to win medals. For the method I am going to discuss today, you need to know which medals can be won from which level valleys (lakes, deserts, hills, flats, etc.) and I ripped off the following chart from Evony Wiki...
Now you need to know how many troops are needed to conquer each of the valleys....
- Send with your Archers: 1 Warrior, 1 Pikeman and
Lv1 valley with 50 archers.
Lv2 valley with 100 archers.
Lv3 valley with 200 archers.
Lv4 valley with 400 archers.
Lv5 valley with 750 archers.
Lv6 valley with 1,500 archers.
Lv7 valley with 3,000 archers.
Lv8 valley with 7,500 archers.
Now, to win medals...
Select a valley or flat at the correct level as close to you as possible (to speed things up) and remember – the valleys change size everyday - so wait a day or two to get one very close before you start this exercise. Make sure you have an hour or so to work on this – it takes time. Also make sure you have at least one vacancy for your city to hold another valley – or abandon one if you need to. This procedure requires that you capture a valley over and over again.
Now, start attacking the valley you've selected repeatedly –
one attack every 20 to
30 seconds so that your
attacks arrive at the flat about every 10 to 12 seconds (maybe faster
if you can handle it) – you'll need to adjust this depending
on how close the valley is and how fast your hand speed is on the
As each attack you've sent hits the valley, click on the valley to open its window, click on the Enter button and then click the Abandon button. This needs to happen prior to the next attack hitting – you want to capture the valley each time. Do this for every attack.
When all of your troops have returned, repeat this process – 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 times. Somewhere in there you should start getting a streak of medals. Some days are luckier than others. And you may go through several attacks and get nothing – then get 3 medals in a matter of a couple of tries. It is quirky like that – but that's the randomness of medal drops.
Repeat this process as needed – later in the day or the next day or even every day for the next week. I've been playing this game for about 2 years now on 3 different servers and this is the best way I know of to win the medals you need.
- Later on in the game you will have more medals than you can use – at that point you can use them to reward heros to increase their loyalty – do NOT do that early in the game – you need those medals for your promotions and quests.
- In the charts above, “valleys” also refers to flats – either one of which is fine.
- When you do this, you want to increase the size of your feasting hall and your rally spot as quickly as you can – the more heroes you have (feasting hall) and the more attacks that you can send (rally spot), the faster you can win medals.
- This whole process will go a lot faster if you can attack a valley right next to your city (1 mile).
- Winning medals is nothing more than a game against the randomness of the game – Evony will randomly assign a medal to an attack so winning the medals you want is a matter of making as many attacks as you can in as short a period of time as your can.
- As a result of understanding no.5, you don't want to SEND attacks every 10 to 20 seconds, you want them to ARRIVE at the valley 10 to 12 seconds apart. Because the heroes are probably of different levels and travel with the troops at different speeds, you need to watch the arrival times and the length of the trip required to time this just right.
- As soon as most of your troops have returned, start sending them back again. Repeat this process for as long as you need. You can take a break and return at a later time.
- If the valley you are attacking is at just the right level and you want to attack it some more the next day, be sure that you do NOT abandon it on your last attack – instead, just recall your troops. This will leave the valley occupied and it will remain at the level you want during the reset.