Pages

Sunday, January 21, 2018

I evolved long before THIS guy did

Help! I’m morphing into a curmudgeon

January 20, 2018

I’m slowly becoming something I’m not sure I like.  I don’t know if it’s lazy, like I could be any lazier than I already was, or if it’s something else.  Maybe I’m becoming a curmudgeon.  Here are a few ways I feel I’ve changed or am changing:


  1. I don’t answer the phone unless I know who’s calling. I used to always answer the phone even though I knew it might be a solicitor calling. I’ve gotten to where I don’t even answer and if they don’t leave a message or it’s a “private” number, I use the ‘Block Number’ feature on my phone.  I used to have fun messing around with the telemarketers, trying to keep them on the line for as long as I could. Now, for the most part, I don’t want to and if I do answer, I’m sometimes not the nicest person.
  2. I don’t answer the door if I don’t know who’s there.  Just the other day, a guy who appeared to be in his 20’s rang the doorbell.  I peeked out, I didn’t know him so I just came back to my office and let the dogs bark him away.  Almost every time someone comes to the door they’re trying to sell something.  I don’t want to buy whatever they’re selling. I never used to be that way.
  3. I wear the same jeans 2, 3, or 4 days in a row.  I used to change jeans (pants) every day, sometimes twice a day, depending on what I was doing.  Now I spend most days sitting at my computer or on the couch watching television.  I think it’s mostly based on laziness because I don’t want to go through the motions of moving everything from the old jeans to the new, clean jeans. I seem to carry stuff in all four pockets of my jeans and add a belt and the task seems monumental sometimes.  I shower every day and change shirts, socks and underwear.  I would feel cruddy if I didn’t.  But wearing the same jeans more than once, that’s a new thing for me.
  4. I don’t care for shopping much.  I used to love going shopping. Now, I go. I get what I went to get and I go home. Rarely do I just go to browse. If I want something I shop online.  If I NEED something, I try to find out if I can find it locally. If not I shop online. Now, I’ve sort of been this way with shopping longer than the other things, but I would always enjoy going out on Christmas Eve and browse with the holiday shoppers.  I didn’t like it if I HAD to find something, I just felt that I wanted to be in the holiday crowd.  I enjoyed that.  This past Christmas Eve, I didn’t go out at all. The exception to this is when I travel.  I still enjoy browsing souvenirs, t-shirts, and stuff like that while traveling.  I won’t be surprised if that changes too.

So, I don’t know where that leaves me or what changes I’ll experience next. I guess I’m up for the adventure, but I’ll be wearing yesterday’s jeans.

Source
http://bitsandpieces.us/2018/01/help-im-morphing-into-a-curmudgeon/

No comments: