Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Humor - Adults as Kids

The following is a piece from the Boing Boing blog...

Cory Doctorow: Simon Rich's "A Conversation at the Grownup Table, as Imagined at the Kids’ Table" in this week's New Yorker is spot-on perfect and hilarious, besides:

MOM: Pass the wine, please. I want to become crazy.


DAD: O.K.

GRANDMOTHER: Did you see the politics? It made me angry.

DAD: Me, too. When it was over, I had sex.

UNCLE: I’m having sex right now.

DAD: We all are.

MOM: Let’s talk about which kid I like the best.

DAD: (laughing) You know, but you won’t tell.

MOM: If they ask me again, I might tell.

FRIEND FROM WORK: Hey, guess what! My voice is pretty loud!

DAD: (laughing) There are actual monsters in the world, but when my kids ask I pretend like there aren’t.

MOM: I’m angry! I’m angry all of a sudden!

DAD: I’m angry, too! We’re angry at each other!

MOM: Now everything is fine.

No comments: