Pages

Friday, June 07, 2013

Joke time

A young doctor was to take up his new position in a small community hospital in a town.

The retiring older doctor suggested the young one to accompany him on his rounds for a couple of weeks to understand the finer points of practice in a small community and at the same time for him to meet a few patients.

At the first visit to a farmers house the farmer's wife complained, "I've been a little sick to my stomach."

The senior doctor thought for a moment or two and said, 'Well I think you've probably been eating too many bananas , try to cut back on the amount you've been eating and see if that helps"

As they left the young doctor was absolutely surprised and asked his senior , "You didn't even examine that woman. How'd you make your diagnosis so quickly?"

"I didn't have to. I dropped my stethoscope on the floor by mistake and when I bent over to pick it up guess what I saw in the trash bin - at least half dozen banana peels. That was what was probably making her sick."

"Oh" the younger doctor said, "Pretty clever, maybe I'll try that at our next house visit".

The next day they did another house visit.. Both spent several minutes talking with a young pretty lady who was complaining of lack of energy and tiredness for the past few days for no real reason. She said, "Doc, I'm feeling terribly run down lately, I don't know why."

The older doctor said, "Oh, I can't understand why someone as young and vibrant as you would be feeling this way."

The young doctor on this responded, "I think, sir, there might be a reason. She has probably been doing too much work for the church and perhaps if she cut back a little bit and slept a little more that might help."

The girl went slightly red and said nothing and just nodded.

As they left, the senior doc surprised at this said, "Your diagnosis is possibly correct, but how did you arrive at it?"

"Well, just like you did at the last house, I also dropped my stethoscope and when I bent down to pick it up, guess what I saw?"

"What did you see?"

"I noticed the preacher under the bed!!"

No comments: