Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Joke time

Early one spring morning, Papa Mole decided to check out the sounds and smells of the new season. He traveled along his burrow until he could stick his head out and survey the area. It was such a beautiful morning, he quickly called to Mama Mole to come join him. 

Papa Mole said, "It is such a beautiful spring morning. I hear the birds singing and I smell...bacon...yes, someone is frying! It smells so good." 

Mama Mole said, "It is indeed a beautiful morning and...why, yes...I think I smell someone cooking pancakes. Yes, delicious buckwheat pancakes! Come quick, Baby Mole, you must experience these delectable sounds and smells!" 

Baby Mole raced along the burrow but could not squeeze past his parents. Mama said, "Do you smell those delicious smells of breakfast, Baby Mole? Doesn't it make you hungry and happy that spring is here?" 

Baby Mole replied, somewhat disgruntled, his voice a bit muffled as he tried to squeeze past his parents again, "I wouldn't know. All I can smell is molasses!"

No comments: